17 Extraordinary Human Capacities
by Steve Brunkhorst
People have a tremendous capacity for outstanding achievement. There are also many extraordinary capacities that allow them to become high achievers.
Here are seventeen extraordinary capacities that make human beings remarkable. When we recognize and use these capacities, the quality of our lives can become more joyful than ever before.
- Helping someone in their time of tragedy or need shows the capacity for human goodness.
- Listening closely to another's words and experience shows the capacity for soulful communication.
- Understanding the pain, sorrow, or loss of another person shows the capacity for empathy.
- Believing the best about others, and offering time, support, and friendship shows the capacity for trust.
- Apologizing for a past mistake shows the capacity for strong character and trustworthiness.
- Forgiving the errors of a fellow human being shows the capacity to receive forgiveness.
- Supporting the truth, even when it is unpopular, shows the capacity for honesty and integrity.
- Compromising when it is best for the welfare of others shows the capacity for teamwork.
- Giving time and effort to assist others to be successful shows the capacity for sincerity.
- Being curious about life, its people and its mysteries, shows the capacity for learning.
- Praying for the welfare of family, friends, and all of humanity shows the capacity for love.
- Waiting for God's answer to a prayer shows the capacity for faith and patience.
- Accepting the answer to a prayer, whatever it might be, discovering its blessings, and then moving on shows the capacity for gratitude.
- Believing in a God-given purpose throughout long and difficult seasons of scarcity shows the capacity for determination and hope.
- Taking risks, making mistakes, and learning from all experiences show the capacity for being human.
- Getting up after having fallen down or suffered failure shows the capacity for resolve.
- Persisting resolutely to navigate life's rapids, scale its mountains, move beyond its perceived limitations, and arrive at its finish line with faith and dignity shows the capacity for achievement.
When we use our mental and spiritual capacities, our lives will be filled with more love, contentment, and achievement than we can imagine. When we cultivate a deep faith in a Power greater than ourselves, we never have to travel life's journey alone. There will be powerful sources of wisdom and guidance walking with us every step of the way.
A Single, Simple Rule That Will Change Your Life
Most of us grow up without learning even one or two of lifeís essential rules that could lead us to lifelong success. Perhaps, among other important rules many of us didnít learn was how to set and stay with clear and meaningful goals.
Feelings and Attitudes
Are feelings and attitudes the same thing or different? Does one cause the other to happen? Which one has more power over how we respond? Does the person experiencing them have any choice in the matter? What if they are in conflict?
Achieving the Impossible?
If life's getting you
down or getting your business going seems impossible, here's just some small
things you could do.
What to Do When You Feel Like Quitting
Practical tips on how to wrestle the dream-killing demons we all share into submission.
(C) Copyright 2004 by Steve Brunkhorst
Steve is a life success coach, and the creator of
Achieve! 60-Second Nuggets of Inspiration, a popular mini-zine bringing great
stories, motivational nuggets, and inspiring thoughts to help you achieve more
in your career and personal life. Subscribe today by visiting Steve's site at http://www.AchieveEzine.com
home] [EntrepreneurismBible.com home]