By Scott Fite
1. Write down two or three ways you can immediately start
moving toward your goal. Select one and GET STARTED!
2. Imagine what life will be like in five years if you donít begin
moving toward your goal.
3. Make sure your goals are measurable. Having a definite target
to shoot at gives you a much better chance of hitting it and
encourages you to begin movement toward the goal.
4. Break your goals into manageable steps. Seeing a defined path
to your goals encourages you to begin your journey.
5. Publicly announce your goals. Knowing that others are
expecting you to hit your goals puts more pressure on you to
6. Enlist a friend to be your goal buddy. Help and encourage each
other to move when either of you becomes stuck.
7. Visualize where you are headed with vivid detail. How exactly
would it feel to achieve an important goal? How would it sound?
How would it look? How would it taste?
8. Post a picture of an important goal in a visible place along with
a date for achievement. Maybe a picture of a dreamed-about
vacation destination, or a picture of that first new home, or a
picture of a loved one (perhaps one that you have decided to
spend more time with.)
9. Set your goals higher than normal for maximum motivation.
Does becoming the number one salesperson in your company
motivate you more than becoming number three?
10. Focus only on the next step on your climb up Success
Mountain. After you break your mountain expedition into little
pieces, as you climb, focus only on the next piece of your
journey. The sheer size of the mountain may be enough to
intimidate and freeze many people in their tracks, but individual
climbing pitches up the mountain donít seem as intimidating or
impossible. If you feel stuck on your climb, instead of thinking of
the peak rising high above you, focus, for now, just on reaching a
close intermediate goal point on your trek.
How Well Do You Handle Disappointment?
You are going to experience disappointment at some point in
your life. Thereís no escaping it. The only thing we can do is to learn how to handle disappointment before
it handles us.
What to Do When You Feel Like Quitting
Practical tips on how to wrestle the dream-killing demons we all share into submission.
Motivating Yourself When You Don't Want To Do Something
When you don't feel like doing something, how do you get yourself motivated?
Here are some tips.